September 19, 2019
There’s no set-in-stone way to be a vampire, especially with the evil ones.
Let’s talk about this Vampire Facial!
Microneedling with PRP is one of our favorite services due to the amazing results coupled with minimal discomfort and downtime. Anyone needing to improve wrinkles, scars, sun damaged or discolored skin can benefit! The depth of our microneedling device is adjustable from 0.2mm to 2.5mm depending on the necessary level of correction. The tool causes tiny injuries to the skin, allowing the PRP to penetrate deeper. These wounds also stimulate collagen production.
We know first hand that cosmetic procedures (such as hair restoration and skin rejuvenation) using growth factors have amazing outcomes. The Vampire Facial, also known as microneedling with platelet-rich plasma (PRP), surged in popularity after Kim Kardashian braved the procedure on her reality show.
Treatments using PRP are effective in avoiding risky side effects and invasive surgical procedures. PRP offers faster recovery time and supports the body’s natural healing process organically.
The procedure itself is simple:
- Your blood is drawn by our technician, then placed in a centrifuge where the platelet-rich plasma is separated from the rest of your blood.
- We apply a topical numbing agent to the treatment areas while the PRP is being prepared.
- After about 45 mins, your skin is gently cleansed off.
- The PRP is applied to the skin while the microneedling device is glided over your skin.
- After the treatment, the remaining PRP is applied to the skin.
Slight redness after the procedure can last for 1-2 days. During this time, use gentle cleansers and moisturizers. More importantly, use sunscreen! Protecting the skin from harmful UV rays is often overlooked after cosmetic procedures.
This is an actual client selfie minutes after the treatment!
Benefits are noted after about 1 week and continue to improve over several weeks. We recommend this treatment as a series of three, 4-6 weeks apart. Glow on, girl!